MANMOHAN SINGH’S DAY OUT
A colourful Manmohan Singh was seen at the recent ASEAN Meet! Cambodia hosted a gala dinner for all the world leaders who attended the Association of Southeast Asian Nation (ASEAN) meet on Monday (19TH Nov 2012). Here is one of the several images from the net showing our PM in a jazzy bling orange shirt:
The media reports had a field day. “ Leaving behind his usual attire of pristine white kurta pyjama, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recently dressed up in an orange shirt “ screamed one of the headlines.
“OMG! What is Prime Minister Manmohan Singh wearing at the 10th India-ASEAN Summit?” asked another news paper.
Giving brief details of the meet, one report said this: ” Phnom Penh, Nov 20 (ANI): Leaving behind his usual attire of pristine white kurta pyjama, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recently dressed up in an orange shirt to attend the gala dinner hosted by Cambodia for all the world leaders who attended Association of Southeast Asian Nation (ASEAN) meet, at Cambodia’s Diamond Island Convention Center. All the leaders looked cheerful and enjoyed a relaxed and fun evening in bright and colourful clothes after a tense day of talks on the South China Sea issue.”
The comments on TWITTER and elsewhere were enjoyable. Here is a random sampling:
1. Ha ha ha ha….that was Govinda type !
2. I don’t want to say anything. I don’t want to get arrested !
3. It seems the PM forgot to take clearance from Madam on the colour choice…she has a strong aversion to saffron !
4. What embarrassment and what saffron ? You people are sick .Making an issue from nothing.
5. Don’t attach a colour with any religion… saffron otherwise also looks good.
6. He could have color coordinated his turban better… orange instead of blue.
7. What’s wrong in this? Its Combodian culture !
8. Fashion magazines must be feeling happy to see that their work is news worthy.
9. Now Digvijay Singh may comment that Manmohan Singh is an RSS agent.
10. PM’s bright orange shirt brought to you by ASEAN Paints !
11. He is actually wearing a shirt stitched out of Soniaji’s oldsaree.
12. Manmohan Singh is standing like a school boy at prayer time.
13..Fashion ka balaatkar!
14. MMS the new style icon!
15. Finally some colors in our Governance!
16. Manmohan Singh looks like a Poppins seller in this attire.
17.Singh makes a fashion statement.
18.OMG ! Where was the fashion Police ?
Well the above sampling is just a collection from the internet. I have not made any comments myself. I repeat what one person has said. I don’t want to get arrested for posting these comments on FB /on this blog.
Post your reactions/comments AT YOUR OWN RISK !
KEEP SMILING! Wear colorful dresses when ever you feel like! Don’t care for what the world says. ENJOY YOUR DAY OUT !!