Bollywood Actresses Without Make-Up …
Recently,there was an article on Yahoo Lifestyle,displaying several photographs of bollywood actresess with and without make up.Readers were asked to submit their comments.There have been nearly 950 comments from various readers.The piece shows photographs of actresses like Lara Dutta, Preity Zinta, Aishwarya Rai, Mugdha Godse, Tanushree Dutta, Sushmita Sen, Urmila Matondkar and Karishma Kapooor.While Sushmita,Karishma and Preity got rave reviews and comments in particular,there were several other interesting/funny/witty comments from a few of the readers.Here is a random selection : Read and smile please !
1.Duniyaan mein harr aadmi ke do chehare hotey hain-ek sachcha aur ek jhootha.
2.Door sey dekha to hai kya kudrat ka kamaal,pass aakar dekha to yeh tha make up ka kamaal.
3. I think they will sue Yahoo! for publishing their photos without make-up and revealing their professional secrets. My would-be wife is mre beautiful than any of them.
4. Besides my house,some building construction work is in progress.There,a 20 year old labour girl is more beautiful when compared these heroines without make-up.
5. Mere ghar mein kaam karne waali baai is better than all of them.
6. Tum sab toh AIDS ki patient lag rahi ho..ya jaise do dinon sey tumhe loose motions ho rahey hon.
7.Kapoor family definitely has some superior genes in the looks department.
8.Show this report to RAMSAY BROTHERS…their search for horror movie heroines will end here.
9.All of them look more beautiful without makeup.They look plain and close to real life.
10. Heeray mein agar polish naan ho,tau bhi heera herra hi hota hai.
11. Bina makeup ke in saari actresses sey acchi tau village ki ladki hoti hai.
12. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!.Every woman is beautiful in her own way. It is the inner beauty that is important, not the beauty with make-up.
13. With or without makeup makes no difference.Ultimate thing is they are stars and are known for their appeal .It is their talent which has made them popular.
14. All of them pale in comparison to the real beauty Hema malini with or without makeup.
15. I think, you should not post such articles online.Media should play a positive role not a negative one.I think all of them are hardworking and in a way you are portraying that people without make – up look ugly.There are many indian women who do not wear make-up at all.So are they all ugly ?Just because they are celebrities they should look impeccable all the time.That is unfair.I would like to see the photograph of the person who has posted this article.I want to see how beautiful she is or handsome he is .
16.If one’s heart and soul is beautiful, they will look beautiful even when they just get up from their beds.
17.I am sick of this kind of cheap articles.Do you expect all celebrities to wear make up the whole day?Let them breath some fresh air. They too have some life .And tell me what is wrong if some one not looking so good,presents herself as beautiful with the help of make up?
18. Face it, we ordinary people are jealous of their fame and fortune and so get a kick out of publishing and watching such pictures. The comments made by females make their jealousy so very obvious!
19.Tractor ko modify karr key Ferari jaisa look diya gaya hai.Engine woh hee hai,body change hai, paint bhi local hai.
20. Don’t waste time on such articles.Many more important issues like Aarushi murder case still remain unresolved.
21.Bina makeup key heroine aur chudail mein koi fark nahin lagta.
22.The fellow who wrote this article must be a spokesperson for “Fair and Lovely”.
Well,well,I too couldn’t resist the urge to comment.This is what the webesite had said in response:
Your comment has been received and should be available shortly. A preview is shown here.
Jatinder P a second ago
It would be very difficult to recognize these bollywood babes without their make ups.Women have only two weapons – cosmetics and tears.Charles Revson of Revlon has said :“In the factory we make cosmetics; in the drugstore we sell hope.” Here is what Erica Jong has said about make up/cosmetics :”Isn’t that the problem? That women have been swindled for centuries into substituting adornment for love, fashion (as it were) for passion? All the cosmetics names seemed obscenely obvious to me in their promises of sexual bliss. They were all firming or uplifting or invigorating. They made you tingle. Or glow. Or feel young. They were prepared with hormones or placentas or royal jelly. All the juice and joy missing in the lives of these women were to be supplied by the contents of jars and bottles. No wonder they would spend twenty dollars for an ounce of face makeup or thirty for a half-ounce of hormone cream. What price bliss? What price sexual ecstasy?” I believe that there are no better cosmetics than a severe temperance and purity, modesty and humility, a gracious temper and calmness of spirit; and there is no true beauty without the signatures of these graces in the very countenance.” Finally,here is a funny one by Yoko Ono : “Cosmetics is a boon to every woman, but a girl’s best beauty aid is still a near-sighted man”.
J S BROCA
However,the comment has not yet gone live on the site,since I believe it was not liked as I had not commented specifically in favour of or against any of the featured actresses.
It was fun to have read readers’ reactions and to post my comments on this issue. My mental make-up thankfully,remains intact.
To see the “before and after” make-up photographs,go to :http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/people/bollywood-actresses-makeup-partii-article-ilmx.html#mwpphu-post-form
Hope you enjoyed reading this piece as much as I loved posting it !